Legal Information

  • Affidavits

    Affidavits are written statements that are sworn under oath. Sometimes affidavits are signed in front of a notary public. Read More

  • Can the School Make Me Get a Guardianship in Order to Enroll Children I Am Taking Care Of?

    Sometimes, parents are not able to take care of their kids. The parents may have died, or be ill, or absent. Often, grandparents, aunts, uncles and others help out. Sometimes, the substitute parents may have problems enrolling the children in school. The school may tell the substitute parents that they have to get a “guardianship” over the children. Read More

  • Caring for Our Minor Children After We're Gone

    As parents, we worry about our children, especially about things that we have no control over. Read More

  • Guardianships for Children

    Parents should consider all their options before agreeing to let someone else have a guardianship over their child. A guardianship may be hard to end and can last much longer than planned. A guardian has no legal obligation to allow the parents to visit unless it is ordered by a judge Also a child support action could be brought against the parents. Read More

  • Substitute Decision-Making

    Competent individuals have the right to make all sorts of decisions about their lives. Examples are the right to decide about getting health care, and what kind of care to get. What does it mean to be competent and who makes decisions for someone who is not competent? Read More

  • What is "Notice" and How Is It Done?

    When you file a case in court, you have to give the other person(s) notice. Here is some information on what notice is and how it can be done. Read More

  • What Should I Do If I Get Court Papers?

    Most people are afraid when they get court papers. Here is some advice on the court system and what to do if you get court papers. Read More


Contacting the LiveHelp service...