Legal Information

  • Child Custody

    In Iowa, if a couple (married or unmarried) has children in the family under the age of eighteen, the courts will play a role in making decisions related to child custody. Read More

    Iowa Judicial Branch
  • International Parental Child Abduction

    The Office of Children's Issues at the State Department assists in cases of international parental child abduction and is prepared to help pursue recovery of an abducted child. Content Detail

    U.S. Department of State
  • Paternity Affidavit

    Information from DHS on paternity. The paternity affidavit is a free form parents complete and file with the Bureau of Health Statistics to legally establish paternity. Content Detail

    Iowa Department of Human Services
    Read this in:
    Spanish / Español