Other Family or Juvenile Issues

Legal Information

Other Family Problems

14 Resource(s) Found

Adoption Records in Iowa

An adult adopted person (adult adoptee) may apply for and obtain a copy of their original birth certificate that was created before their adoption, which may have their biological parents’ information listed.


What is an annulment? Can I get an annulment from my spouse?

Child Abuse Reports

What you need to know about child abuse reports in Iowa.

Emancipation and Minor Guardianships

If you are a minor who is thinking about running away, stop and look at other ways to deal with the problem.

Iowa's Child Abuse and Dependent Adult Abuse Registries

Many people do not know much about two Iowa Abuse registries, the Child Abuse Registry and the Dependent Adult Abuse Registry. Unlike the Sex Offender Registry, a person can end up on Iowa's Child Abuse or Dependent Adult Abuse registries without ever having been charged with, let alone convicted of, any crime.

Juvenile Court Basics

The court system in Iowa is a unified court system which includes Juvenile Courts. Juvenile Courts generally handle cases dealing with children under the age of eighteen. This resource is a summary of Iowa's Juvenile Court system.

Juvenile Record Causing Problems? How "Sealing" Can Help

You may have a juvenile record if you were accused of doing something illegal when you were under 18 years of age. How that record can affect you and what you can do.

Passports for Children

Details and forms to fill in by hand or complete online to apply for a passport for a chilld.

Questions and Answers About Adoption

An overview of adoption law and related issues in Iowa.

Questions and Answers About Iowa's Juvenile Justice System

Common questions and answers about how cases involving minors are handled in the Iowa judicial system.

Teens Rights in Your Dating Relationship

You have many rights in your relationship with your girlfriend or boyfriend, including the right to say no to sex or anything you don?t want to do. You have the right not to be abused.

Termination of Parental Rights

When you have "parental rights" to a child, you are that child's parent in the eyes of the law. When your parental rights to a child are terminated, you stop being that child's parent.

Back to top