Welfare/Public Assistance

Legal Information

Other Public Problems

5 Resource(s) Found
Filter By:

HHS Overpayments

HHS may send money or provide a benefit to a recipient and later decide that what they provided was not correct. If you get an overpayment from HHS, be sure to know the answers to three important questions.

Law Changes this Legislative Session

Some changes in Iowa's laws that might impact you

Medicaid Payment for Nursing Home Care

Many people rely on Medicaid, also known as Title 19, to pay for their nursing home care. People may generally receive Medicaid payment for their nursing home care if their income is $2,742 or less per month and their nonexempt resources are $2,000 or less.

Private Rooms and Nursing Home Residents on Title 19

Iowans in nursing homes on Medicaid may now have a private room if they or family members pay the extra cost.

Public Benefits and Car Ownership

Iowans will be able to have one dependable car and still get welfare benefits and food assistance. Welfare (FIP) and food assistance (food stamps) limit the amount of resources a family can have and still be eligible.

Back to top