Coronavirus Outbreak: What you need to know
Authored By: Iowa Legal Aid
- Read this in:
- Spanish / Español
As we deal with the fallout from the global coronavirus outbreak, many people will experience legal issues related to not only health care, but a wide variety of other civil legal problems. This page will serve as a landing page of resources and legal information that we hope will be helpful to you.
- Domestic, Sexual, & Elder Abuse
- Child custody and visitation
- Access to the Courts / electronic filing
- Public Benefits
- Consumer protection
- Student Loans
- Stimulus payments
- Small Business
- Advanced Child Tax Credits
Iowa Legal Aid Provides Legal Help to Low-Income Iowans
To apply for help from Iowa Legal Aid:
- call 800-532-1275.
- Iowans age 60 and over, call 800-992-8161 or apply online at iowalegalaid.org
- If Iowa Legal Aid cannot help, look for an attorney on “Find A Lawyer” on the Iowa State Bar Association website iowabar.org. A private attorney there can talk with you for a fee of $25 for 30 minutes of legal advice.
- As of March 18, 2020, our offices are closed for walk-ins until further notice, due to the coronavirus outbreak.
*As you read this information, remember this article is not a substitute for legal advice.