Accounting Clerk/Confidential Secretary
Authored By: Iowa Legal Aid
Iowa Legal Aid is seeking to fill an Accounting Clerk/Confidential Secretary position in its Central Administrative Office in Des Moines. This position is under the supervision of the Deputy Director for Finance and Operations.
- Provide general bookkeeping assistance.
- Assist in maintaining fiscal and administrative electronic files and accounting inbox.
- Perform required duties to administer and maintain employee fringe benefits.
- Prepare and extend invoices for review and approval.
- Perform data entry for invoices after approval, disburse payments, and electronically file cancelled invoices.
- Maintain billing tracker for reporting/payment deadlines for billing.
- Prepare description of receipts, prepare bank deposit slips for receipts, present bank deposits for approval, and make bank deposits.
- Prepare grant budgets and grant financial reports as assigned.
- Assist with inventory record maintenance.
- Working with auditors at year-end
- Assisting in fund accounting.
- Maintain the cash receipt journal and assist in the development of new reporting methodology.
- Complete all data entry into the accounting or grants systems as assigned.
- Assist with the tracking of non-attorney volunteer time for various reports (e.g., financial reports, GAR, etc.).
- Assist with LSC applications, reports, visits, audits, and requests as assigned.
- Perform additional duties as required or assigned.
Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in team environment. Exemplary data entry skills, plus a minimum of two (2) years formal accounting education courses or equivalent experience preferably with a system utilizing a fund based computerized accounting system. Bookkeeping certification preferred. Human Resources experience preferred. Computer proficiency required. Demonstrated concern for and sensitivity to low income persons.
TO APPLY: Email a letter of application, resume, and names, addresses and phone numbers of at least three professional references to Tracie Behr, email@example.com.
Iowa Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer.