Benefits for Volunteer Lawyers Project Participants
Authored By: Iowa Legal Aid
- A free service providing a comprehensive collection of information on legal topics, upcoming events such as continuing legal education opportunities and a library of poverty law materials, pleadings, and resource materials.
- To access www.probono.net/iowa, the website that has information and support for volunteers in Iowa, please do the following:
- Go to www.probono.net/iowa
- Under the picture, click the blue tab that says "Sign-Up."
- You'll be prompted to enter your email address, and press Continue. Fill out the information that follows and then click Finished.
- Your information will be reviewed and in 2-3 days you can expect to receive a notification regarding your access to www.probono.net/iowa
🗸 Staff attorney support
- Staff attorneys experienced in specific areas of poverty law are available to provide technical assistance, research backup, and co-counseling.
- Volunteer intake attorneys receive co-counsel support from staff attorneys.
- Volunteer in-house attorneys can reach out to the managing or staff attorneys
🗸 Reduced fee legal education seminars
- Participating attorneys are eligible to attend accredited project-sponsored continuing legal education seminars at a reduced rate
- To receive information about continuing legal education seminars you can:
- Join probono.net/iowa
- Share your e-mail address on the VLP sign-up form
- Add email@example.com to your address book to ensure that the message is not caught by your spam filter
🗸 Malpractice coverage
Malpractice coverage is provided to volunteer attorneys for all cases accepted.
Professional liability insurance coverage is provided to volunteers who provide services to clients on behalf of Iowa Legal Aid, through referral or in connection with their in-house volunteer services.