Did You Pay For Divorce Forms?


Iowa has free self help forms for a divorce with no minor children. You can find the forms on the Iowa Legal Aid or Iowa Courts website. You pay nothing to print them, they are free for everyone. You can find the forms here:

If you paid money for these forms, we'd like to hear from you. Send us your information at Tell us:

1. What website did you use to buy the forms?

2. How much did you pay for the forms?

3. Did the price include legal advice?


*This is a general summary of exempt income and property rules. There are other rules and exceptions that may apply. For more information, you can call your local Iowa Legal Aid office.

Iowa Legal Aid provides help to low-income Iowans. 

To apply for help from Iowa Legal Aid:

  • Call 800-532-1275. 
  • Iowans age 60 and over, call 800-992-8161.
  • Apply online at

If Iowa Legal Aid cannot help, look for an attorney on “Find A Lawyer.”   A private attorney there can talk with you for a fee of $25 for 30 minutes of legal advice.

 *As you read this information, remember this article is not a substitute for legal advice.


Contacting the LiveHelp service...