Grant related responsibilities:
1. Write grant applications.
2. Monitor and complete grant reports in coordination with development and finance teams.
3. Conduct research to ensure applications and reports are strategic and aligned with funder interests and requirements.
4. Utilize grant team resources (database, tracking calendar/tickler system, text library, document management system) to organize work and effectively and efficiently meet deadlines.
5. Work with finance team to develop grant budgets and billings.
Technology related responsibilities:
1. Utilize database, tracking calendar/tickler system and document management system to track grants and grantor relationships.
2. Utilize our new case management system, Legal Server, to extract case data for grant applications and reports.
1. Create and present information to key staff and the Board of Directors, as requested.
2. Provide assistance with annual audit, as needed.
3. Assist with Iowa Legal Aid Foundation Board meetings and fundraising efforts as needed.
4. Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Strong writing ability. Strong attention to detail, ability to manage deadlines, and process orientation are a must. Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in team environment. Demonstrated research and data analysis skills. Strong oral and written communication abilities. Exemplary database and data entry skills. Bachelor’s degree preferred with a minimum of three years of grant writing or equivalent professional writing required. Computer proficiency required. Demonstrated concern for and sensitivity to low-income persons.
Opening/Closing Date: Closed when the position is filled.
Salary/Benefits: Salary will be commensurate with experience. Excellent fringe benefits.
Submit cover letter, resume, two writing samples, and names, addresses and phone numbers of three professional references to:
ATTN: Justin Ray
Iowa Legal Aid
1111 Ninth Street, Suite 230
Des Moines, Iowa 50314-2527
Iowa Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Reasonable accommodations are available to qualified applicants upon request
Auxiliary aids and services are available in alternative formats