Grants and Data Analyst
Authored By: Iowa Legal Aid
Grants and Data Analyst – Confidential Staff
Responsible To: Director of Operations and Finance
Grant related responsibilities
- Complete automated audit folder with new contracts and award letter.
- Create and maintain files for new grants, including doing a review of applications and contracts for deadlines and other grant requirements (e.g. press release, article in EJJ, etc.)
- Maintain a tickler system for grant reporting, billing deadlines, distributing audit reports, and other grant requirements.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reports/ on various grant sources, as assigned.
- Assist with LSC applications, reports, visits, audits, and requests as assigned.
- Assist with the drafting of grant applications as needed.
- Assist in research efforts for new grants or potential funding sources.
- Assist the Fiscal Department with administrative related tasks.
Technology related responsibilities:
- Continuous process analysis and automation planning.
- Determine appropriate methods and use for data;
- Assist with gathering, converting, aggregating, and otherwise processing data using various software;
- Assist with assessment and analysis of data;
- Assist in the development of methods for handling, organizing, and subsequently using the materials;
- Draft and refine the process for uniformity to ensure the integrity of captured data; and
- Develop training materials for the process and procedures that are to be utilized.
- Create and present information to key staff and the Board as requested.
- Create predictability models as requested.
- Provide assistance needed for completion of annual audit.
- Assist with Iowa Legal Aid Foundation Board meetings and fundraising efforts as needed.
- Work with others on the Board website and social media sites as needed.
- Work in conjunction with the Public Relations Coordinator with regard to:
- Coordination of community legal education sessions.
- Maintenance of Iowa Legal Aid social media and Board and Advisory Council Resource Center websites.
- Aid in the designing and distribution of Iowa Legal Aid materials to grantors.
- Perform duties as required or assigned.
Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in team environment. Exemplary data entry skills, plus a minimum of two (2) years formal accounting education courses or equivalent experience preferably with a system utilizing a fund based computerized accounting system. Demonstrated research and data analysis skills. Strong oral and written communication abilities. A minimum of two (2) years of formal education or equivalent experience with grant writing and grant management. Bookkeeping certification preferred. Computer proficiency required. Demonstrated concern for and sensitivity to low-income persons.
Opening/Closing Date: Closed when the position is filled.
Salary/Benefits:: Salary will be commensurate with experience. Excellent fringe benefits.
Applications: To apply, submit letter of application, resume and names, addresses and phone numbers of three professional references to:
ATTN: Tracie Behr
Iowa Legal Aid
1111 Ninth Street, Suite 230
Des Moines, Iowa 50314-2527
Iowa Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Reasonable accommodations are available to qualified applicants upon request
Auxiliary aids and services are available in alternative formats