Authored By: Iowa Legal Aid
Your privacy is important to us.
Information We Collect on Forms and Applications
If you apply for assistance on our site, we require that you provide certain personal information, including your name, address, phone number, income and Social Security number.
- We will treat information you provide us through the Self Help Center on-line application as confidential information.
- Iowa Legal Aid uses the personal information you provide to answer your question or to help resolve your problem.
- This information is necessary to process your application and to contact you.
- Iowa Legal Aid also uses this information to help us improve the content and usability of our websites and our services to our clients.
- We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
- Your personal information is only viewed by Iowa Legal Aid staff or volunteer attorneys.
Alert for Victims or Survivors of Abuse
- Home computers can pose a safety threat if you are being abused.
- When you visit this or any other site about domestic or sexual violence, it is possible for your abuser to find out that you have been looking for help or information on domestic or sexual violence.
- You may find more information, on this website: http://icadv.org/gethelp.php
What information does LiveHelp collect?
LiveHelp collects information, such as
- information about the computer, browser, and Internet Service Provider that you use,
- the date and time when you visit, and
- the pages on iowalegalaid.org that you visit.
Also, you may give a LiveHelp navigator information about you when using LiveHelp. This information may include
- your name,
- an e-mail address, or
- information about your legal problem.
- Every chat is record by Timpani, the software that we use.
- Timpani is owned by LivePerson (http://www.liveperson.com/).
How does Iowa Legal Aid use the information we collect?
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
LiveHelp staff may use the information
- to train LiveHelp navigators,
- to evaluate LiveHelp,
- to report on the project's success, or
- to perform other administrative tasks.
We will remove your name, e-mail address, and other information that someone could use to identify you before we use the information.
We will only use your e-mail address or telephone number to contact you if you have given us permission to contact you later.
Do we share the information we collect online?
No, we do not share any information about you unless we are required by law to share.
Are the chat sessions encrypted?
Yes, LivePerson uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to encode information as it goes between the iowalegalaid.org website specialist and the website visitor.
Privacy of Email
- Email that you send anyone over the Internet is not absolutely secure against interception.
- If you want to send us sensitive information like your Social Security number, your bank account number, or your credit or charge card numbers, use applications or online interviews or contact us by mail or telephone.
Changes to This Policy
- Check this page for changes when you visit our website.
- This policy was last updated on November 26, 2006.