Confidential Office Manager – Central Iowa Regional Office (Des Moines)
Iowa Legal Aid is recruiting for an Office Manager to work in our Central Iowa Regional Office (CIRO) in Des Moines. This is a confidential position that may also provide assistance to our Central Administrative staff.
POSITION: The Office Manager will work closely with the office’s Managing Attorneys to provide a variety of essential administrative supports for Iowa Legal Aid’s largest office.
RESPONSIBILITIES: An office manager hired for this position will provide support to our staff and programs to help further Iowa Legal Aid’s mission to provide free legal assistance and community legal education to low-income Iowans.
The specific job duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting clients and other office guests at the front desk.
- Processing applications for service submitted in person, by telephone, or online.
- Maintaining and reviewing data in our electronic case management system to ensure compliance with grant requirements.
- Opening and closing hard copy files, as needed, and reviewing those files to ensure compliance with grant requirements.
- Serving as the custodian of the regional office’s petty cash and client trust accounts and monitoring and safeguarding incoming cash receipts.
- Assisting the managing attorneys with the planning and coordination of local advisory council meetings.
- Processing referrals to volunteer attorney programs.
- Preparing and filing reports in guardianship cases under the supervision of a licensed attorney.
- Overseeing the maintenance of the regional office physical space and equipment, as needed.
- Processing the office’s inbound and outbound mail.
- Monitoring and ordering supplies, as needed.
- Performing other clerical duties and administrative services as assigned.
Qualifications: Candidates must have an associate’s or bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience as an office manager, legal secretary, or paralegal. The ideal applicant will also have some or all the following qualities:
- Background working with members of vulnerable populations, including those who are low-income, elderly, victims of domestic/sexual violence, people of color, and/or have disabilities
- Experience providing trauma-informed services
- Bi-lingual verbal and written communications skills in one of the languages used most by low-income Iowans, including Arabic, Bosnian, Spanish, Vietnamese.
Opening/Closing Date: Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Salary/Benefits: Salaries are dependent on relevant experience. Excellent fringe benefits. This is a confidential/non-bargaining unit position.
To apply: To apply, email a letter of application, resume, and the names, addresses and phone numbers of at least three professional references (external applicants only) to Arlys Kness – email@example.com .
Iowa Legal Aid is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer