Apply to be a 2023 Rural Summer Legal Corps Summer Fellow for Iowa Legal Aid!
Iowa Legal Aid and Equal Justice Works are accepting applications from current law students for its Rural Summer Legal Corps program. Interested first and second year law students should go to https://www.equaljusticeworks.org/law-students/part-time-summer/rural-summer-legal-corps/ to learn about the program details and apply for the program. Applications are due by February 14, 2023. Also send your resume and a writing sample to Angela Broughton-Romain, Iowa Legal Aid, at email@example.com. The selected candidate will work with the Waterloo office of Iowa Legal Aid serving rural clients for 8-10 weeks over the summer providing legal services to underserved and low-income individuals. Students will receive a $7,000 stipend for their service. A $3,000 food and housing allowance is available.
All applicants must:
- Attend an accredited law school.
- Complete their first or second year of law school by the start of their summer placement.
- Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or lawful permanent resident (e.g., green card).
- For several placements, possess a valid driver’s license and access to adequate transportation during summer placement.
Participants will receive a $7,000 stipend for their service, in addition to a $3,000 food and housing allowance. Students have the option to apply for unlimited additional outside funding through their university or other sources.
Program Participant Expectations
- Attend EJW training
- Complete 300 hours of service within an 8-10 week period
- Complete all required program reporting and documentation.
February 14, 2023 Application Closes at 11:59 p.m. EST
Mid-February – Interviews with Iowa Legal Aid on rolling basis
March 25, 2023 Students Notified of Acceptance