Can't find the information that you need? Use LiveHelp to ask an IowaLegalAid.org operator for help.
What is LiveHelp?
- LiveHelp helps visitors to IowaLegalAid.org find information on our Web site.
- LiveHelp operators answer questions about applying for help from Iowa Legal Aid and finding information online.
- LiveHelp operators can't give legal advice, legal opinions or answers to specific legal questions.
- The operator sends you an answer right away.
- The LiveHelp chat feature is not confidential, information entered here could be seen by other providers of legal information and services.
- This service is for use to find information only and should never be used for any information about a client or case, or for messages to or from an Iowa Legal Aid attorney.
- LiveHelp is a project of Iowa Legal Aid and the Equal Justice Task Force.
- A grant from the Legal Services Corporation helped set up LiveHelp.
Who will I chat with?
- You will chat with IowaLegalAid.org staff and volunteers.
- The operators are trained to help find information on our Web site.
Who may use LiveHelp?
- LiveHelp serves low-income users of IowaLegalAid.org. LiveHelp serves users of IowaLegalAid.org who have modest income.
- Others who help persons with low and modest income also use LiveHelp. They use LiveHelp to find resources on IowaLegalAid.org.
When is LiveHelp available?
- Usually the LiveHelp hours are Monday through Friday from 9 am to 4:30 pm.
- If LiveHelp is not available, you can send a message. Send your email address with your question.
- A LiveHelp operator will send an answer in 1-2 business days.
How does LiveHelp work?
- You do not need to have email to chat on LiveHelp.
- You need an email address to ask a question after hours.
- You do not need to download or install software.
- To begin, click on the LiveHelp button any page on IowaLegalAid.org
- For help using LiveHelp, see "Having trouble using LiveHelp?" below.
What types of questions can I ask?
- LiveHelp will help you find information on IowaLegalAid.org.
- We will do our best to find resources, or give you a phone number where you can get more help.
- We can't give legal advice or tell you what to do to solve your legal problem.
- We can make suggestions about resources and organizations that might help you.
Is there a fee to use LiveHelp?
- LiveHelp is free! There are no hidden fees.
- We offer LiveHelp as a service to IowaLegalAid.org visitors.
What personal information do we ask for?
- We don't ask your name or any personal information in LiveHelp.
- If you leave a message when LiveHelp is not available, you must give an email address for us to answer your question.
Is LiveHelp Section 508 compliant?
- LiveHelp uses LiveChat software, which meets all current guidelines for compliance with Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act (29 U.S.C.-794d) and ADA Guidelines.
- The LiveChat software is designed to work with standard assistive technology hardware (such as specialty keyboards and Braille readers) as well as operating system technologies (such as stickykeys and mousekeys.)
Having trouble using LiveHelp?
- You don't need to install any software or plug-ins use LiveHelp.
- Chats take place using just the web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Safari or Firefox.